Key announce $100,000grant for the digital academy of empowerment.
It is futile to conceive the idea of comprehensive and sustainable growth while keeping the 600 Million rural Indians at bay. Deprived of even basic needs, the rural segment of India remains disconnected from the rest of the nation.
This project is based on the belief that the hinterlands of India have immense scientific, cultural, and economic knowledge which are untapped and left out from the global platform.
The reasons for such misfortune are familiar ones, lack of infrastructure accessibility and poor educational tools, further including the social and physical disabilities has paved way for the implementation of the foreign solution instead of creating a home-grown solution to tackle local issues.
It is a necessity for a solution to be inclusive and integrate the sensibilities and voices of everyone.
Equally Able Digital Academy of Digital Empowerment has been envisioned as a co-learning and co-working space for Generation Z residing in rural India by emboldening their creative mind to explore and solve problems.
Unlike our formal education and vocational centers where students are made to follow a traditional curriculum and engage in rote learning. We at Equally Able provide mostly unstructured learning space, which will allow our youth to have the liberty to decide their projects, take ownership of their education and create innovative solutions for their communities.
The Equally Able Digital Academy of Digital Empowerment is intellectualized as an inclusive maker space to enable Digital solutions to issues concerning economic, social, and environmental aspects through inquiry, experimentation, and innovation.
The academy will host:
- A Maker space.
- A Fellowship.
- A Virtual Digital Academy.
The project aims to launch a digital academy that will be:
Intended for and by the communities with physical and social disabilities, to include the marginalized youngsters and adults across the country.
Teach skills of creativity and promote a multidisciplinary approach to solve real-world problems. Also, encourage prudent engineering.
Aids in open learning and teaching focused on student-centric inquiry.
Helping in creating spaces and processes that are practical, accessible, and attentive.
Constructed using energy-efficient design and architecture which is completely eco-friendly.
Equipped with state of the art technology, physical tools, and digital infrastructure.
The project aims to help communities by:
- Broadening the experimental learning from the grass-root level and promote rural modernizations through discovering interests in science, technology, and creative arts.
- Understanding the notions and application of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics).
- Instill the practices of curiosity, investigative, design computing, mathematical and team working skills.
- Leverage design discerning tactic for ascertaining real-time community difficulties and forming tangible contributions to rural progress.
- Indoctrinate a bottoms-up approach while facing any problem and cultivate a sense of inquiry.
- Prepare themselves for advanced studies and careers aligned with the 21st-century demands.
Equally Able is pleased to announce a $100,000 grant to work with Digital Empowerment Foundation, India to work together on making this possible.
Equally Able sign new MOU with MotivationUK to enable more
Refer to MotivationUK MOU
Picture for slider and post to be forwarded/provided